Thursday, March 16, 2006

Single Gender Classes

I am currently scheduled to teach two sections of single gender junior courses next year. To be honest I volunteered to do so because I have been extremely skeptical about them, and I want to see the benefits and drawbacks before I pass judgment. I wonder how the discussion about feminism this week would have been different in single gender classes. I suppose that I will know a year from now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Barbara S. said...

Welcome Amanda! I look forward to having you in our single-gender PLC. It has been an interesting journey the past two years. I usually look forward to my single-gender classes each day! So what courses are you going to teach? Will you have one female and one male section?

9:14 AM  
Blogger Crosby said...

Well, I was supposed to have one of each, but then the schedule had to be changed, so now I will have an all male freshman class second semester.

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home