Thursday, November 10, 2005

New topics

The activity on my class blog has slowed down a bit. Maybe the kids are really busy, or maybe the topics are not grabbing them. I searched for interesting topics on the web for about 20-30 minutes tonight, but decided that maybe my students would like to suggest some topics. Therefore, I have put out a call on the blog for suggestions. Is this a more constructivist approach? I think so, in the sense that the kids can have a forum to discuss issues that they see being related to history class / current events.

3 Comments:

Blogger Karl Fisch said...

It will be interesting to see what they suggest. I think that is a very good approach to find out what they are most interested about. I also think it's natural for the activity to have settled down now that the newness has worn off. But I think if you continue to post when something particularly interesting happens in class, they will stay with you. I'm curious, did anything ever come from the discussion about writing their representatives?

11:24 AM  
Blogger Davis said...

I find that when I ask my students to refine assignments, they give honest and helpful suggestions. I hope you find the same thing!

10:05 AM  
Blogger Crosby said...

Regarding the representatives, that is still a work in progress. And yes, I think that the students are coming up with some interesting topics of conversation.

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home