A New Year
Having experienced a completely school-free summer, I am refreshed and ready to return. I enjoyed the 21C and grading committee meetings yesterday and I realized that I really didn't enjoy much last year because I was always so overwhelmed. So this year, I am making some changes.
1) I am going to confine myself to current commitments. Seven committees is enough.
2) I am not going to reinvent the wheel every day. Many lessons from previous years can be tweaked, not completely redone.
3) I am not going to spend valuable time driving all over town for videos. United Streaming is a great resource and I found 9 DVDs / videos that I previously borrowed from libraries on Amazon.com for $33 total! (Hint: Buy used.)
4) I am going to have a bedtime. No more blogging at 1:30 AM!
P.S. I am adding lots of interesting things to my webpage, if you are interested.
http://arapahoe.littletonpublicschools.net/goto/Ms_Crosby
1) I am going to confine myself to current commitments. Seven committees is enough.
2) I am not going to reinvent the wheel every day. Many lessons from previous years can be tweaked, not completely redone.
3) I am not going to spend valuable time driving all over town for videos. United Streaming is a great resource and I found 9 DVDs / videos that I previously borrowed from libraries on Amazon.com for $33 total! (Hint: Buy used.)
4) I am going to have a bedtime. No more blogging at 1:30 AM!
P.S. I am adding lots of interesting things to my webpage, if you are interested.
http://arapahoe.littletonpublicschools.net/goto/Ms_Crosby

3 Comments:
Those are all fine ideas, although seven committees still sounds like about four too many!
I agree - but I am committed - or should be committed!
Seven committees! You must live at school.
I'm glad you're continuing to use technology to highlight the curriculum. I think that's really helpful for the students and makes class more relevant to everyday life.
Post a Comment
<< Home