Risky
I let my freshmen get comfortable with the blog and now I am taking a risk and challenging them. See the post at http://crosbyblog.blogspot.com/ entitled "Problem . . ."
Rob tells me that Bill Maher got in trouble on his political show for bringing up this issue. I think that education is the perfect place to debate such an issue.
Rob tells me that Bill Maher got in trouble on his political show for bringing up this issue. I think that education is the perfect place to debate such an issue.

3 Comments:
This is an interesting question to ask because it is one I am asking my seniors for the entire semester but we are taking a look at heroes in literarture from Oedipus (classic tragic Greek hero) to Beowulf to Hamlet (classic Shakesperean tragic hero) and then they must make modern day connections as to what they consider a hero. I might have to show my seniors your blog and have them add a comment or two...Wow, thin of it, seniors and freshmen working together. What a melting pot!
Good idea. I am interested to see what my students (and now yours) write.
Tell Rob you don't have as many advertisers as Bill Maher does, so you'll probably be okay.
I think it's a great post and will really get your students thinking - and I would hope that very few folks in the land of the free and the brave would be opposed to that . . .
I also think you should see if there's a way to follow up on Martha P's comment about asking Arab teenagers the same question . . .
Post a Comment
<< Home