Your Input Please!
I posted the following on my US History class blog and would be interested in seeing what teachers interested in constructivism have to say:
"Regarding the idea of heroes or traitors, I found an interesting essay tonight on the web written in support of a group that is currently fighting for independence from its government. My problem is this: the group fighting for independence is listed as a terrorist organization by the US, United Kingdom, and many other countries. The group argues that it is composed of freedom-fighters, not terrorists. The essay discusses the American revolutionaries and whether they were terrorists or freedom-fighters. (In other words, exactly the discussion we have been having on this blog!) So here is my question for you: what do you suppose might happen (to me, to us, to AHS, to Littleton Public Schools) if I post a link to the essay (which I think has lots of educational value in this context) on this blog?"
(If you would like to comment, please do so on the US History class blog at http://crosbyblog.blogspot.com/2006/09/dangerous-territory.html)
"Regarding the idea of heroes or traitors, I found an interesting essay tonight on the web written in support of a group that is currently fighting for independence from its government. My problem is this: the group fighting for independence is listed as a terrorist organization by the US, United Kingdom, and many other countries. The group argues that it is composed of freedom-fighters, not terrorists. The essay discusses the American revolutionaries and whether they were terrorists or freedom-fighters. (In other words, exactly the discussion we have been having on this blog!) So here is my question for you: what do you suppose might happen (to me, to us, to AHS, to Littleton Public Schools) if I post a link to the essay (which I think has lots of educational value in this context) on this blog?"
(If you would like to comment, please do so on the US History class blog at http://crosbyblog.blogspot.com/2006/09/dangerous-territory.html)

1 Comments:
As we discussed in class, I think it is important to check it out with Mr.Booth first and then if he gives the okay, go for it. I really don't see any issue and it is asking a lot of the kids. Maybe you would need to have that conversation with the kids about responsibility and purpose behind the posting.
On a side note, I would love to have you come and see the laptops sometime to give some feedback.
Post a Comment
<< Home